DeVine Choices Wedding & Event Planning

DeVine Choices Wedding & Event Planning
"Remember...It's a DeVine Choice!"

Welcome To DeVine Choices Wedding & Event Planning's blog

Thanks for stopping by our blog. This is where we will share events, ideas and suggestions with brides and grooms and the wedding community. Please feel free to comment, suggest and even disagree with some of our posts. for more information on DeVine Choices Wedding and Event Planning, Please feel free to stop by our website at www.devinechoices.com

Wednesday, September 23, 2009

GREETINGS BLOG FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


The picture today is of a person that means the world to me, my mother. I would have posted a picture of my parents together, but my father isn’t really a picture person. My parents have been married for 29 years and my fiancé and I look up to them for guidance and as an example.



MONEY….MONEY…….MONEY…..WHO PAYS FOR THIS FAB WEDDING?

Blog family this is a very sensitive topic for me because it’s a lot of preconceived notions about who is supposed to pay for the wedding. In the past, the bride’s parents would pay for the wedding and the groom’s parents would pay for the rehearsal dinner. Now a day, the bride and groom pay for their own wedding. I have always dreamed of having a huge wedding and my father has known this for years. What father wouldn’t want to pay for his daughter to get married? As I stated earlier, I love my parents unconditionally and I didn’t want to put the burden of paying for my wedding on them, but of course, my father could not contain himself. My fiancé and I sat down with my parents and we divided up who was going to pay for what. Of course, my fiancé and I got the biggest chunk, but we were able to handle it. My parents have been wonderful! When I added things, I would ask my daddy and he would get it for me……(you may say I’m spoiled, but I don’t agree). My parents are even paying for the rehearsal dinner…..(some of you may be asking where does the groom’s parents fit into the equation). My fiancé father has been deceased for years and he was raised by his father’s side of the family. He never really had a close relationship with his mother. Well, blog family, my fiancé mother lives in Houston and they have an okay relationship…(lets just say it is different). When we told her we were getting married, she was happy. My problem is she hadn’t paid for anything nor has she offered to help with anything in regards to the wedding. Now I understand that some people are not able, but at least offer to do something even if it does not require money. His mother and I have an okay relationship…I am cordial (that’s really all I can say), but don’t come to me asking to add people to the list, asking why a particular person didn’t get an invitation, asking why kids are not allowed at the wedding, or asking why a list is going to be at the door, if you have not paid for anything (now I know I am speaking the truth)? The main people that complain and the main people that have an issue with everything is those who hadn’t put a penny……….that’s right……..a penny towards anything. To be honest with you, I was not expecting anything from her. It just saddens me to see my fiancé face because he is so embarrassed. He wishes that she would at least be involved a little bit, but she hasn’t. When he asked her if she would pay for something (and this was just a test), she said that it’s not her job and that my parents were suppose to pay for everything……….Oh blog family, I became angered, but as I stated yesterday, don’t sweat the small stuff. I do appreciate his father’s side of the family because they sent money to help out and we didn’t even ask them (that’s a blessing). These people has never met me in person, just phone conversations and they just up and decided to send us some money to help pay for the wedding. I hear my fiancé talk to his friends and say that his mother’s side of the family has not offered to pay for anything nor help with anything. At my bridal shower, they were there for about 30 minutes if that and then they left. Then they had the nerve to say that they were not acknowledged when they walked in……….(what did they want? An announcer to say their names?....Yeah right). My fiancé has a better relationship with my parents then he has with his own family. It’s sad, but we are able to manage. I try to encourage him that he cannot change the way they are……..me, I just don’t go around too often……The moral of the story is don’t expect anything from those who just don’t get it. It’s not worth it…

POINTS TO REMEMBER:
-Don’t expect anything from those who just don’t get it. It’s not worth it
-Don’t sweat the small stuff..
-Budget is the key….sit down and plan who is going to pay for what…I promise it will make things easier.
-REMEMBER…….to check the blog everyday for my wonderful words!


THE COUNTDOWN

DAY 3

OMG!!!!!!!!Blog Family………….3 days and counting… I am so excited and ready for the festivities to begin. Tannie called me yesterday stating that she is revamping the table arrangements. Fine by me, I trust her. Guests are already starting to arrive in Houston….WOW already? Could they have waited a couple of days? All my hotel accommodations are booked. Tannie and I didn’t realize that the rooms would go that fast. We actually had to add rooms to my wedding room block…(It’s great to be loved!). Today………….Blog Family………….is my fiancé birthday. I want to wish him a HAPPY BIRTHDAY….what a wonderful way to end his birthday week with a wedding. Also, my mommy birthday is Friday….we are going to celebrate real BIG this weekend..


Until tomorrow Blog Family……….It’s been fun.

No comments: