DeVine Choices Wedding & Event Planning

DeVine Choices Wedding & Event Planning
"Remember...It's a DeVine Choice!"

Welcome To DeVine Choices Wedding & Event Planning's blog

Thanks for stopping by our blog. This is where we will share events, ideas and suggestions with brides and grooms and the wedding community. Please feel free to comment, suggest and even disagree with some of our posts. for more information on DeVine Choices Wedding and Event Planning, Please feel free to stop by our website at www.devinechoices.com

Monday, September 21, 2009

GREETINGS BLOG FAMILY!!!!!!!!


It’s been a long weekend, but I am back. The picture today is one of my favorites. It’s a wonderful action shot. It just looks like I’m taking control (this is a good thing)….

INVITATIONS WERE MAILED……THE PHONE CALLS STARTED

I currently have a vast amount of people mad at me because they did not get an invite to my wedding. Oh well, too bad, so sad. I spoke this weekend about cutting your guest list. Well, those that were cut, where not invited and never received a save the date. When I mailed my invitations, I was not expecting all the phone calls that I received. The phone calls ranged from, “such and such didn’t get an invite,” “you didn’t invite this person,” “such and such want to bring this many people,” “I’ve never been to a wedding that didn’t have any children.” My response were, If they didn’t receive a save-the-date, why were they expecting an invitation? Also, to stop people from bringing 3, 4, or 5 people, I am not allowing children and I didn’t allow guest to put a number on their RSVP card. My RSVP stated: Two seats have been reserved for you and your guest…..(not 4, 5, or 6 people). I have yet to understand why people want to bring their whole “crew” with them to a wedding. This is not the club. Plus, I am not paying for people to eat that I don’t know. Weddings are expensive, and allowing my guest to bring one person and cutting out children has kept my guest list at a steady number. I even had people call me and tell me that they have never been to a wedding without kids….and I told them this wedding will be their first one. I am the Bride; this is my wedding, why are they questioning me? To stop the phone calls, my fiancé and I turned our phones off.. Leave a message, I promise we didn’t call back if it was nonsense.

WHAT IS RSVP?

The term “RSVP” on an invitation is an acronym for a French phrase, repondez s'il vous plait, meaning “respond if you please.” It is a polite way of requesting a response to the invitation, not a suggestion to the invited guest to respond if he or she feels like it. This definition is for everyone that has ever been invited to a wedding because apparently, some people don’t get it. You will be amazed how so many people don’t understand what it means. I made it simple for my guests, just write your name and your guest name on the line provided and send the card back by a certain date. I even provided a stamp. Blog Family, I still had to create a call list and call people. I received RSVP’s with no name (they just left it blank), with no name, but checked they were attending (they took the time to check that they were attending, but couldn’t right their name………SERIOUSLY), and guests decided to change “two seats” to whatever number they wanted to put. Blog Family, I was too out done. These people made me work too hard. Basically, I was doing a process of elimination. The ones that didn’t have a name, I tried to look at the postage stamp to see where it was sent from, then I had to call. Those individuals that I didn’t receive a RSVP from called me and stated that they were coming. When I asked them why they didn’t just send back the RSVP card, they informed me that they needed to use the stamp for something else. ………Now..I bought the stamp for you to RSVP to my wedding, not for you to tear it off and use it for something else (just trifling). Word to the wise, if you are every invited to a wedding, please RSVP.. Brides need that information for final guest counts, but Oh well. Some people just don’t understand.


POINTS TO REMEMBER:
-Don’t be saddened by those that are mad at you because they were not invited to your wedding. Heck, they didn’t make the cut.
-People will try to control your process and get you to change things……..It’s your wedding…Stop answering the phone… (I love my IGNORE button………whoever invited my phone was a GENIUS)
-Do not allow kids to come to your wedding. I know, for a fact, that if people cannot control their children at home, they definitely can’t control them in public.. (think about it……when you trying to have your first dance, children will be running around probably pulling on your dress while you are trying to enjoy your husband)
-Educate your guests on RSVP. Maybe they will get it one day.
-REMEMBER…..to check the blog everyday for my wonderful words!


THE COUNTDOWN:

DAY 5

Blog Family, I am pleased to announce that I have five days to go….I am excited more than anything. I spoke this weekend about my meeting with the florist that caused me so many problems. Well problem solved. I’m happy, Tannie happy, and the florist is happy. This weekend was extremely restful for me. My shih tzu, Chloe’ and I had the house to ourselves. My fiancé was enjoying his bachelor festivities and Chloe’ and I were enjoying quiet time. I did manage to get my seating charts printed in 18 by 24 and I scheduled my spa appointment for Saturday morning. It should be smooth sailing from here on out (keep your fingers crossed). My Granny arrived on Friday and she would hate to see me angry. The Bachelor party was a success… I have my Fiance’ back in one piece (that is all that mattered to me)…..


Until tomorrow Blog Family. Its been fun!!!

No comments: