DeVine Choices Wedding & Event Planning

DeVine Choices Wedding & Event Planning
"Remember...It's a DeVine Choice!"

Welcome To DeVine Choices Wedding & Event Planning's blog

Thanks for stopping by our blog. This is where we will share events, ideas and suggestions with brides and grooms and the wedding community. Please feel free to comment, suggest and even disagree with some of our posts. for more information on DeVine Choices Wedding and Event Planning, Please feel free to stop by our website at www.devinechoices.com

Friday, September 18, 2009

GREETINGS BLOG FAMILY!!!!







I am back again! First, I would like to thank all of you for your wonderful comments and feedback. Keep reading my daily updates. I promise you, you will not be disappointed. Everyday, I will post some of our engagement pictures……..Personally, I think they need to be published in a magazine…….

PLANNING WITH A PLANNER

I can truly say that getting a planner was the best decision I could have ever made. It has been a wonderful experience. I really think that my mother hired Tannie, because I was getting on her nerves (I’ll be sure to ask her that today when I talk to her). Tannie is the person that I can go to when I have an issue, an idea, or just when I am confused about something. She is also the person that brings me back to reality when I sometimes drift off into dream world (which usually happens when I watch Platinum Weddings). I can try all day to have a platinum wedding, but Tannie will be quick to tell me “NO” (which is something she is really good at). She has been like a second mother to me. She actually has told me “NO” more than my mother has. I can admit, I was spending a lot of money and I did need her to stop me and ask me questions. The moral to this story is I would be losing my mind, stressed out, pulling my hair, or just out right unhappy if I didn’t have my wonderful planner by my side to keep the stress down.

MY BUDGET

Blog family, when I initially started to plan my wedding, I didn’t have a budget, didn’t think about a budget, didn’t want a budget, and wasn’t trying to hear it when Tannie was trying to get me to tell her one (sorry Tannie-----love you). The reality is I am spoiled. My Daddy loves me so much that he cannot tell me “No.” A budget to me was not necessary, so I thought. Well, one day Tannie sat me down and made me go through a detailed budget just to see how much I was spending. Blog family, after that meeting, I had to cut off my favorite past time, which is shopping. This saddened me initially, but if I wanted to have a beautiful, romantic, breathtaking, extravagant, eye popping, FABULOUS WEDDING (yeah….all that), I had to stop. Oh…my GOD it has been torture. All my friends get to go shopping and I have to sit at home and say …..I had to pay for my wedding. All in All, when I see the results, it will be worth it. Now, I do have a bone to pick with some people that try to have FABULOUS weddings, but don’t have FABULOUS money. I have a friend right now (I will not speak any names…….I am not MESSY), who is trying to have 300 people on a small, tiny budget (this budget cannot buy you a geo metro), but she wants it to be FABULOUS. I don’t see how….as I stated yesterday, that will not be a pretty sight. Do what you can afford. First, start by cutting your guest list. 300 people, is too many……If you need help cutting your guest list, I am really good at it. I’ll talk about how to cut a guest list tomorrow. Stay tuned…you don’t want to miss it..


POINTS TO REMEMBER:
-Really think about getting a planner
-Really think about a budget (REALISTIC budget) that you can afford
-If you want a FAB wedding, you have to have FAB money!
-REMEMBER….to check the blog everyday for my wonderful words.


THE COUNTDOWN:

DAY 8

The florist crisis that I thought was resolved, was not resolved. I now have to meet with this particular florist on Saturday to ensure that she gets it right this time. I can tell you that Tannie did a wonderful job handling this florist and I really appreciate her for that. The florist was still trying to give me tiny, small, micro bouquets Blog family, and again I was angered. Tannie was able to speak with her and they were able to come up with an agreement that made me happy again. To top things off, the venue where my wedding will be held, called me with a linen issue……ARE YOU SERIOUS? I thought I was being punked. Again, Tannie came to my rescue. Blog Family, if I had to do this by myself, I would have went to the Courthouse (real talk). Hopefully, today will be better, I am a little nervous because my Fiance’s bachelor party is this weekend…..but I have news for him, I am not even going to call him…….I AM GOING TO SHOP….I can do that now, because I am finished…….that’s right………..finished paying for my wedding.


Until tomorrow Blog Family… I had fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Girl, I feel ya on being a daddy's girl. Unfortunately, I got this wild notion when my fiance and I got engaged that if we could not afford it on our own then we wouldnt have a big wedding. This has been the longest, budget watching 12 months of our lives! I love to shop and seldom get told "no" about anything. We also love to travel alot as well. During this engagement period we have had to cut traveling and limit shopping to wedding only stuff. It has got a lil aggravating at times b/c all we can say is "were paying for and planning a wedding" We started off with an out of town very large wedding which we have now narrowed down to a very intimate magnificent wedding with a huge party afterwards for our friends. From what everyone says it will be much more memorable this way so my hopes are that it is everything I have ever dreamed of. I agree with you though, have a realistic budget or you need to get some realization on your wedding planning. Your so lucky to have Tannie! ♥ Krys