DeVine Choices Wedding & Event Planning

DeVine Choices Wedding & Event Planning
"Remember...It's a DeVine Choice!"

Welcome To DeVine Choices Wedding & Event Planning's blog

Thanks for stopping by our blog. This is where we will share events, ideas and suggestions with brides and grooms and the wedding community. Please feel free to comment, suggest and even disagree with some of our posts. for more information on DeVine Choices Wedding and Event Planning, Please feel free to stop by our website at www.devinechoices.com

Friday, September 18, 2009

GREETINGS BLOG FAMILY!!!!!!!!

The engagement picture that I posted today is my favorite. This will be the picture that will be displayed at our wedding………I told you, our pictures should be published in a magazine…so if you know anyone, put in a good word….


CUTTING YOUR GUEST LIST

At one point, my guest list was 250 people. Now I will admit that I have a rather large family, but my fiancé doesn’t. My family took up about 75% of my guest list. Tannie immediately informed me that I needed to cut my guest list down. Actually, Tannie didn’t have to tell me, my parents told me. My cut down process was simple…..If I hadn’t spoke to you in the past 6 months…..that right… ..six months, you were not invited. If you were extended family (meaning, if you know parents, but just heard about me), you were not invited. This may be cruel, but weddings are expensive and if I hadn’t heard from you in the past 6 months, you really not considered a friend……..so therefore why would I pay for you to eat if you can’t call?….(I may have stepped on some toes with that one…). Now extended family will always want to come because immediate family has talked about the wedding to them and they want to come and be noisy……….well…I am so sorry, but I don’t pay for noisiness. With this process, I was able to shrink my guest list to 175. I think I should give myself a pat on the back for this major accomplishment…….


LOVE IS…

“LOVE IS…” is the theme of my wedding….Tannie and I brainstormed for about 30 minutes about a theme and came up with this one. It’s funny because while brainstorming, Tannie and I kept saying, “Love is” and we were trying to think of a word that would describe our relationship, but every word we thought of described us. Love is…Patient, Kind, Unconditional, God, Forever, etc is just a few of the descriptions of Love out of the 25 we came up with. Each word that describes love will be the name of our 25 tables. Our table cards read…..LOVE IS…Patient. Below, I have posted some pictures of our table numbers and our custom monograms that were created for our wedding. My wedding colors are Mocha, Burnt orange, and Champagne. Fall is my favorite season of the year and those colors fit perfectly. Word to the wise, when you create a theme for your wedding, it makes it so easy because everything will evolve around the theme.Also, it will cut your spending because if you see something that you like and it has nothing to do with your theme, you won’t buy it. So………with that being said…..put on your thinking cap and come up with a good theme for your wedding…..


















Now I must give credit where credit is due....These wonderful table numbers and monograms were created by Giselle, with GE Designs....Thanks Giselle.




POINTS TO REMEMBER:
-Everyone cannot attend your wedding…..
-If you have an insane number of guests, you are going to spend an insane amount of money (think about it, you have to feed all these folks)
-Consider my cut down process… (it works wonders, but you may have people mad at you….oh well)
-Come up with a wonderful theme for your wedding….(it really helps)
-REMEMBER…..to check the blog everyday for my wonderful words!


THE COUNTDOWN

DAY 7

I am on my way to meet with the florist that is giving me all the problems. Wish me Luck. Also, the bachelor party festivities started last night and I have decided to just not worry about it and get some "ME" time in. That means that I am about to shop. I will let you know how the meeting goes tomorrow with the florist.



Until tomorrow Blog Family. Its been fun!








No comments: