DeVine Choices Wedding & Event Planning

DeVine Choices Wedding & Event Planning
"Remember...It's a DeVine Choice!"

Welcome To DeVine Choices Wedding & Event Planning's blog

Thanks for stopping by our blog. This is where we will share events, ideas and suggestions with brides and grooms and the wedding community. Please feel free to comment, suggest and even disagree with some of our posts. for more information on DeVine Choices Wedding and Event Planning, Please feel free to stop by our website at www.devinechoices.com

Tuesday, September 22, 2009

GREETINGS BLOG FAMILY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!




The picture posted is of my bridal party and I really like this picture. We were so coordinated with the exception of two people……..(some people just don’t get it). This picture was taken at my “Lipstick Jungle Bridal Shower”



BRIDESMAIDS…….THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE UGLY!!!!

If any bride has had major issues with bridesmaids, Its been me! I originally started with 10 bridesmaids, but now I am down to 8 (not my fault of course). You realize a vast amount of things when you are getting married. One of the most important realizations that I learned is everyone that you think is happy for you, are not really happy for you. These certain individuals will try to do whatever they can to ruin your special day (HATERS…..enough said).Another realization that I learned is that I have very few close friends. I have a lot of associates, but only a few can be actually called friends. I now know that you have to be very careful about who you call a friend. Now, I am not a bridezilla, but I am not going to let you control what happens at MY wedding. I admit that I did have some demands for my bridesmaids, but they were few, far, and between. I was considerate because I know that we are in a recession (this word really is overused) and they were allowed to pay for things over a long time span. Bridesmaids were informed up front that if they had any issues, communication is key. Tell me about it, I promise we could have worked some things out. Bridesmaids were dismissed from my wedding because of non communication and because one was just messy. I will not get into specific details about the bridesmaids that were dismissed from my wedding because they may be reading this blog and once again I AM NOT MESSY. If you are reading this and you were apart of my bridal party, I wish you all the best in your life endeavors, there are no hard feelings. I love you and God Loves you.


“WELCOME TO THE LIPSTICK JUNGLE”

My sister and mother had the pleasure of hosting my bridal shower. My sister came to me one day and asked me what I wanted the theme of my bridal shower to be. I told her that I had some colors in my head, but I didn’t have a theme. It came to me in a dream that zebra print and fuscha pink would go great together. I immediately called Tannie for a theme and we brainstormed for about 10 minutes and came up with “Lipstick Jungle.” When I gave my sister and mother the theme and the color scheme, they ran with it. Everything was zebra and pink, balloons, invitations, table décor, etc… My bridesmaids even wore fuscha pink. Guests were given special made boxes with zebra and pink that included things that you would need to survive in the lipstick jungle (zebra tissue, bottled water, hand sanitizer, candy, and lipstick). Cupcakes were even specially made for this occasion by Ann with Kakes Xcetera……….thanks Ann, the cupcakes were a huge hit. Ann even made a cupcake stand with zebra around it (It was so cute and creative). Don’t believe me, see for yourself. Pictures posted below. Enjoy!













POINTS TO REMEMBER:
-Know that people are not always happy for you when you announce that you are getting married (especially if they are in the wedding)
-Be careful of who you call a “friend.” (they may not be much of a friend in the long run)
-Don’t sweat the small stuff, just kick them out. I promise they can be replaced. The wedding will go on with or without them.
-Have a wonderful bridal shower and enjoy yourself!
-REMEMBER to check the blog everyday for my wonderful words!



THE COUNTDOWN:

DAY 4

It’s getting closer and the excitement continues to build. I am so ready because it has been a long 19 months of planning. My fiancé is being very secretive about something…….(hmmmmmmmm) Yesterday when I spoke with him, he told me that he was doing something for me, but he wouldn’t tell me what. I LOVE GIFTS….and he knows that. He refuses to tell me what it is………but, I will be sure to let you know when I know. People continue to call me and ask can they be added to the list….You know my response was “NO.” Why would you call me and ask me the week of the wedding if you can come now? You couldn’t come then, so what has changed? Nothing on my end has changed and therefore the answer is no. Blog family we all need to join together and pray for those who do not understand. Also we need to pray to GOD that it does not rain on my BIG DAY……


Until tomorrow Blog Family. It’s been fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Its nice to know someone else learned what I did thru the wedding planning process in regards to bridesmaids! I started with 6 and am down to two and happier than ever about those two. I feel exactly how you described...you learn ALOT about the people you call friends when you are planning a wedding!