DeVine Choices Wedding & Event Planning

DeVine Choices Wedding & Event Planning
"Remember...It's a DeVine Choice!"

Welcome To DeVine Choices Wedding & Event Planning's blog

Thanks for stopping by our blog. This is where we will share events, ideas and suggestions with brides and grooms and the wedding community. Please feel free to comment, suggest and even disagree with some of our posts. for more information on DeVine Choices Wedding and Event Planning, Please feel free to stop by our website at www.devinechoices.com

Friday, February 6, 2009

Lakeisha and Lionel Entry

Here's another entry..What do you guys think?? Have you picked a winner yet??

Lakeisha & Lionel
Wedding Date: 9-26-09


The Proposal :

I was planning a huge baby shower for my sister at my parents home and was excited that I was going to have a niece. All of my family from out-of-town were coming to this huge event that I worked so hard on. I was so consumed in planning this shower that I was not paying attention to the clues that were right in front of me. The week of the shower, Lionel would surprise me with little gifts for no reason everyday. This wasn't normal activity for Lionel and when I asked him about it he stated that he was buying gifts just because (I accepted that answer at the time). My family members were also acting a little weird and was extremely excited and happy. I thought everyone was happy because I was throwing this huge baby shower.....that had a little to do with it...but everyone was excited about the engagement that was going to take place that I didn't know about.. During the baby shower, Lionel walked in and everyone turned and looked at him, because he likes to joke around a lot, Lionel told everyone that he came to get something to eat. As I was fixing him some food, he appeared nervous, which is not normal behavior for him. He grabbed me by my hand and asked me to walk outside with him. He looked me in my eyes with sincerity and explained how much he loved me and how he could not envision his life without me in it. He got on one knee and pulled out a box and when he opened it a light shined on the ring (it was too cute....). He then asked me to marry him....and of course I said YES... Lionel reports that he could not propose in front of everyone at the shower because he was too nervous. I thought it was sweet and intimate. I am truly blessed because I was able to celebrate my soon-to-be niece and my soon-to-be husband all in the same day with my family and close friends.

LaKeisha & Lionel

It is getting hot here.. I would not want to have to choose.. Good thing I have deferred this to my new assistants..they really have their work cut out for them!

Come on couples, keep them coming!!


No comments: