DeVine Choices Wedding & Event Planning

DeVine Choices Wedding & Event Planning
"Remember...It's a DeVine Choice!"

Welcome To DeVine Choices Wedding & Event Planning's blog

Thanks for stopping by our blog. This is where we will share events, ideas and suggestions with brides and grooms and the wedding community. Please feel free to comment, suggest and even disagree with some of our posts. for more information on DeVine Choices Wedding and Event Planning, Please feel free to stop by our website at www.devinechoices.com

Thursday, February 5, 2009

Chante and Jabari's Entry

The entry's just keep rolling in. Here is another submission from a couple that I am presently working with ....Tell us what you think so far?? It is getting tough! Keep them coming....

Chante' and Jabari
Wedding date: September 5, 2009



My Proposal.....Hmmm....Was it the best? Was it over the top romantic? Was it extravagant? I don't know, but it was definitely special to me of course. My fiance' and I have actually been together for what will be 10 yrs in March. We talked about getting married here and there in the beginning because we both felt like there was no one else for us. But after 5 years of dating and still no proposal I kinda gave up hope and was actually trying to figure out how I was gonna tell him I wouldn't be around for another 5 years with no ring. Me being the hopeless romantic I am, decided to hang in there. I just knew the day was coming. On June 21 2008 my best friend was married, before me! At that point I just said, ok, it's official, I'm never getting married! The day after her wedding, my fiance was preparing to catch his flight back home when he pulled up to my church. He was kind of avoiding me, which was weird because I thought he was there to see me. I was kinda hurt and confused as a matter of fact. I noticed everyone gathering around me. My mom, dad, family, church members, I mean everyone. At this point I'm extremely confused as to what's going on. He approached me, he begin to speak but I'm so nervous because I don't know whats going on, that I couldn't hear. It wasn't until he got down on one knee, right there in front of the church and asked me would I spend the rest of my life with him, that I realized this was a proposal. I burst into tears, he started crying, my dad even cried! And after all the crying, I said "YES" of course. He had been holding on the the ring for six months and every time he came to Houston he brought it with him but just couldn't bring himself to actually propose. It was my best friends wedding that made him realize he was wasting time, he needed to do this and soon. He wasn't gonna leave Houston with this ring again! You see, the proposal itself to some may not seem all that extravagant, but to me me it was special because he did it just the way I mentioned I had wanted it......with all my family and friends present!!!!!

Stay tuned for more...Come on guys .. this is getting tough..What do you think?

No comments: