DeVine Choices Wedding & Event Planning

DeVine Choices Wedding & Event Planning
"Remember...It's a DeVine Choice!"

Welcome To DeVine Choices Wedding & Event Planning's blog

Thanks for stopping by our blog. This is where we will share events, ideas and suggestions with brides and grooms and the wedding community. Please feel free to comment, suggest and even disagree with some of our posts. for more information on DeVine Choices Wedding and Event Planning, Please feel free to stop by our website at www.devinechoices.com

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

First Contest Entry

Wow! The contest is on! The contest is only a few hours old and we already have several entries. Here is one the first ones to submit their entry. Enjoy the proposal told from the future grooms perspective.....Whew..... the competition is getting hot!


Please allow me to introduce,
Landon & Tasha
Wedding Date: July 18, 2009



http://www.landonandtasha-09.com/
The story of the proposal goes as follows: For the longest time I knew I wanted to propose to Tasha. I was planning this proposal for over a year. I researched what ring Tasha desired (thanks Nyckie). I spent months using my off days researching jewelers in the City of Houston for that ‘just right’ feeling (thanks Keysha). I knew I wanted to pop the question on 9-12-08 (3 days before her birthday). As 2008 neared towards August I began having nightmares of myself not having a ring. Even my daydreams became haunted by me not having the ring or the slightest clue on where I was going to get it. On August 15th (my birthday) before Tasha got home from work I spoke to my mom and told her how worried I was about the ring; she told me not to worry and something would turn up. No sooner than it for me to have another nightmarish daydream I saw a commercial for The Jewel Source. Before I knew it, I was in the car headed down Richmond Ave. to this location with the feeling like this was my final chance to make things happen. As I entered this unmarked 8 story building with thoughts of “I had 8 floors of jewelers to search and find the right choice”. I got into the elevator with the sound of the song that I asked our friend Enjolee to sing (playing in the background) to Tasha as I proposed. So I knew this was the RIGHT place. I ended up meeting a guy who does custom work and we were able to come up with the idea for the ring. Six days after my birthday I had knee surgery and soon after Hurricane Ike really changed things up for me. My jeweler ended up vacating Houston due to the hurricane on the day the ring was supposed to be ready, which caused all kinds of worry. The soloist who was going to sing during the proposal vacated Houston as well. Tasha and I were stuck in our home with no lights on her birthday and I was more upset than she was. I so wanted this to be her fairy tale proposal that she always wanted. The jeweler and soloist were gone, all of her friends were out of commission due to the hurricane. Eventually I got the ring and had my mother in law hold onto it until the new date of 9-19-08 arrived. The most difficult part of all this was not saying a single word to Tasha. Hurricane Ike caused us to move Tasha’s birthday celebration to 9-19-08. Tasha thought we were having happy hour at our house and dinner with friends. On 9-19-08 I spent the day buying all that was needed for the surprise. Originally, I had many things planned for that day to make it special and literally all of it was canceled. I soon came to realize all that was needed was my love Tasha, myself, courage, and the ring. Guest began to arrive at our house (all fully aware of the proposal) as she and I got ready. Since I was still on crutches, I had Tasha help me get ready in an attempt to slow her down. I got dressed before she did and told her she could leave the room until I came to get her. I had reached the point of NO RETURN. As I made it down stairs, I had a difficult time breathing, thinking, and staying calm. My mom, mother in law, best man, and one of Tasha’s bridesmaids helped me cover the house with multi colored rose pedals. Just before I went into the room to get her, I sat on the futon gathering my thoughts. I think this was the most nervous that I have ever been in my life. I literally saw my heart beating thru my shirt. Tasha’s mom was set to take pictures of the proposal. As I opened the door to summon Tasha, her mother snapped the first shot which caused Tasha to be paranoid with questions of “who’s taking pictures?” I grabbed her by the hands as I shook tremendously and backed up to the edge of the stairs. It was very important to me to get down on one knee, so I had to bend my left knee and keep my right leg straight down the steps b/c I couldn't bend that knee much. I told Tasha that I loved more than anything and I can't see myself living without her. I then kneeled and she gasped and I asked “Will you marry me?” As she cried her hand was out and ready. Her left hand shot out, fingers spaced out but she hadn't said anything, so I waited until she shook her head yes. I came to my feet and we kissed and hugged and engagement was on.
Stay tuned for more tomorrow.....


No comments: