DeVine Choices Wedding & Event Planning

DeVine Choices Wedding & Event Planning
"Remember...It's a DeVine Choice!"

Welcome To DeVine Choices Wedding & Event Planning's blog

Thanks for stopping by our blog. This is where we will share events, ideas and suggestions with brides and grooms and the wedding community. Please feel free to comment, suggest and even disagree with some of our posts. for more information on DeVine Choices Wedding and Event Planning, Please feel free to stop by our website at www.devinechoices.com

Friday, October 24, 2008

New Logo design

Finally! We have been working for several years to come up with a new brand that would describe in a design what DeVine Choices encompasses as a Wedding and Event Planning Company. I have met with several graphic designers/artists over the years and we just couldn't seem to capture what was in my mind. Well alas, I was introduced to this creative genius, Nakia Thomas of EGB Designs . I was able to explain to Nakia exactly what I was looking for and my thoughts behind what certain elements were important to the design. After several attempts and revisions,


I introduce to you our new Logo:


Please allow me to explain the concept so that you can get the full history behind this design. While the pearls are beautiful they are also symbolic of my family's history in the wedding/event planning industry. My great grandmother, Pearl Brooks was a very detailed and organized lady. While she personally did not work in the industry she gave birth to my grandmother, Elmer Terrell who started our legacy in the wedding community. She was owner and certified florist of Terrell's Florist until she retired due to her ailing health. My mother, Pearl Barnes, named after my great grandmother, continued the legacy of being a certified florist and certified wedding designer. My mother, Pearl retired from the wedding community several years ago and thus the torch was passed on to me. To pay homage to my great grandmother, Pearl Brooks, Elmer Terrell and Pearl Barnes, I requested that my logo include Pearls. Unbeknownest to the designer Nakia he included over 40 individual pearls in the strand of pearls which is actually the amount of years that my family has been in the Houston wedding community. I am honored to be a small part of such great historic style, class and creativity. This is exactly what I requested as a standard for our new brand and design. I hope you will find it as beautiful, classy and elegant as I do and Remember.. " It's a DeVine Choice!"

For more information on the creative Director, Please contact, EGB Designs, Nakia thomas, 832 363 1444 , nthomas@egbdesigns.com or visit, www.egbdesigns.com

No comments: