DeVine Choices Wedding & Event Planning

DeVine Choices Wedding & Event Planning
"Remember...It's a DeVine Choice!"

Welcome To DeVine Choices Wedding & Event Planning's blog

Thanks for stopping by our blog. This is where we will share events, ideas and suggestions with brides and grooms and the wedding community. Please feel free to comment, suggest and even disagree with some of our posts. for more information on DeVine Choices Wedding and Event Planning, Please feel free to stop by our website at www.devinechoices.com

Friday, August 29, 2008

My Bride and Cell Phone Justice

As weddding planner's we get to meet so many wonderful people from all walks of life. I had the pleasure of meeting two sisters several months ago as I coordinated one of their weddings. Denise was the young lady that I quickly established a close bond with as I helped her with her planning process. I was told during the inital consultation how diffuclut this meeting was because she and her mother actually started out planning her wedding but now her parents would not be in attendance because both of them were tragically killed in an automobile accident recently. Of course I did not probe further as this was a very emotional moment for the both of us. Tissues were flying everywhere! We all made it through the planning and the ceremony with a certain amount of pleasure however there was of course a void because the brides parents were were not in attendance. We did have a beautiful memorial set up on stage in honor of her parents memory. Last night I received a post from their newly established blog in an effort to get the word out about driving while texting. I was not aware of the circumstances that surrounded their untimely departure until today. I too am guilty of driving while texting but after seeing pictures of the vehicle in which their parents were in and knowing first hand how this type of action can affect so many people I can say with certainity that I will NEVER text or talk on the cell telephone without the assistance of hands free capability. Please share this post with as many people that you know to spead the word.. No more texting while driving.
To read the entire post from my bride,Denise and her sister Callie, please visit their blog at the link below:
http://handsonthesteeringwheel.blogspot.com/

No comments: